UNIcard loss / replacement

UNIcard lost?

In case of loss of your UNIcard, you can lock your UNIcard via self service at Polyright Cashless. Lost UNIcard replacements cost 25 CHF.

How do I receive a replacement card?

A replacement card can be ordered by mail at the ServiceDesk(support-its@unibas.ch) with your personal Unibas account. The new UNIcard will then be delivered by “A” post within a week.  Should 25 CHF be due, and your card balance does not cover these costs, you have to get and pay (cash) your replacement UNIcard personally at the ServiceDesk.

What should I do if I receive a replacement card and then find the card I thought was lost?

If the new card has already been issued, the old card will be invalid. It should be destroyed.

What happens if I block the UNIcard, but then find it later?

If you have blocked your UNIcard but a new one has not yet been issued, then the ServiceDesk or the UNIcard office team can unblock your original card. In order to do this, the card holder must contact the ITS Service Desk.


Klingelbergstrasse 70
CH-4056 Basel
Tel. +41 61 207 14 11
E-Mail: support-its@unibas.ch