How and when do i get a UNIcard?

Staff at the University of Basel with a current employment contract will receive the UNIcard by post in December 2018. New members of staff at the University of Basel will receive a UNIcard when their employment begins. The first ID card is issued free of charge and delivered by post.

Dual roles: For students who also work at the University of Basel during their studies, the UNIcard will serve as both their student and staff ID. Only one ID card will be issued per person. The printed S (student) has priority over the printed M (staff).

For a change from the “student” group to the “staff” group or vice versa, the printed S or M and the date of validity are adjusted when an update is carried out at one of the UNIcard stations.